Michelle R. Harrison is a graduate of Thomson High School. After graduation, Michelle went on the study at Augusta State University and in 1996 she graduated earning a Bachelor of Arts Degree with joint majors in Political Science and Sociology. Following Augusta State University, Michelle went on to study at the University of South Carolina School of Law. In 2000, Michelle graduated from USC earning her Juris Doctor. She was admitted to the State Bar of Georgia in 2000.
Michelle opened Michelle R. Harrison, P.C. in Lincolnton, Georgia in February 2001. In 2006 Michelle then opened a satellite office in Evans, Georgia. In April 2009, Michelle joined partnership with Chad Medlin, and Harrison & Medlin, P.C. remains a strong legal practice today.
Michelle has held various public positions, including having served as public defender in hundreds of cases.
Michelle’s primary areas of practice include, Family Law (Divorce, Child Custody, Adoptions), Criminal Law (misdemeanor and felonies), Personal Injury, Wrongful Death, Civil Matters, and Probate Court Matters in the Augusta Judicial Circuit and the Toombs Judicial Circuit.
Areas Of Practice
- Family 40%
- Criminal 25%
- Personal Injury 25%
- General Civil Litigation 10%
- Georgia, 2000
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Georgia, 2001
- Georgia Court of Appeals, 2001
- Supreme Court of Georgia, 2001
- University of South Carolina School of Law, Columbia, South Carolina
- J.D. - 2000
- Augusta State University, Augusta, Georgia
- B.A. - 1996
- Major: Political Science and Sociology
Past Employment Positions
- Michelle Harrison, Solo Practitioner, 2001 to 2009
- First Bank of Georgia, Evening Teller Supervisor, 1994 to 1997